|The Lotus Notes iNotes (web browser) Client includes an out-of-office feature.|
To access the Out-of-Office, complete the following steps:
To turn the Out-of-Office agent on:
1. Log into your iNotes webmail. (e.g. www.mydomain.com/mail).
Note: If you have done this before skip to step 5, other continue to step 2.
Checking your setup:
2. Since this is our first time, we need to check the preferences. Click the "Preferences..." option at the upper right edge of the browser window.
3. Within the "Mail" tab, within "Basics" tab, confirm that the Owner field has your name. (e.g. Jane Doe/MW/Mindwatering).
If so, simply press the cancel button and confirm (by pressing OK), that you do wish to cancel and leave the page. You are ready to continue.
If not, complete the Owner field and press the OK button. Take the warning as you are fixing something cause, by someone other than you using your mail file. (e.g. your administrative assistant who normally handles your mail for you)
Enabling the Out-of-Office Agent:
5. Once in any of the main views ("inbox" is assumed for these steps), click the "Tools" action button along the top right edge of the inbox.
6. Select the "Out-of-Office" option.
7. Fill out the dates on the first tab, "Dates". In the second tab, customized the message sent.
8. Press the "Enable" checkbox to turn the agent on.
9. Press the "Save & Close" button. Answer "Yes" to the are your sure dialog. Press "Ok" to the confirmation that it is turned on.
To turn the Out-of-Office agent off:
1. Open your mail file.
2. Once in the "Inbox" view or any of the other main views, click the "Tools" action button along the top of the inbox.
3. Uncheck the "Enable" checkbox to turn the agent off. Answer "Yes" to the are-you-sure dialog. Press "Ok" to the confirmation that it is turned off.
9. Press the "Save & Close" button. Answer "Yes" to the are your sure dialog. Press "Ok" to the confirmation that it is turned off.