|Configure iPhone for E-Mail via IMAP Option|
Tripp W Black on 10/01/2008 at 02:11 PM
Category: Email Setup
|Instructions to setup the iPhone to check Mindwatering mail using standard IMAP and POP3.|
1. From the main screen ("dashboard"), click the "Settings" icon with the gears.
2. In the Settings menu, click the "Mail" option.
3. In the Mail settings menu, click "Add Account..."
4. Select the "Other" option (type of account).
5. You can do either IMAP or POP3 with Mindwatering's Lotus and UNIX servers. It's up to you which one.
6. Regardless of which option you choose, you enter similar things:
6a. For Name, enter your name.
6b. For Address, enter your email address (e.g. email@example.com)
6c. For Description, enter your name or your business name or anything else you wish to identify this account.
6d. For the Incoming Mail Server...
Host Name: mail.mydomain.xyz (stick a "mail." in front of your domain name)
User Name: enter your e-mail address
Password: enter your password given to you during setup.
7. Click the "Save" button.
Note: For those Mindwatering clients who have SSL (secure web & mail) set up, the iPhone will automatically try SSL first!
You do not need to do anything else. For all other clients, you will need to answer "Yes" to the "Do you want to try setting up the account without SSL?" question.
8. Next we may need to change the setup for the outgoing mail server. Mindwatering does support authenticated outgoing mail. At this time (9/2008), AT&T was not blocking us from sending to our servers. If you have hacked your iPhone to use another network, or you are going through your iPhone's wireless connection, you may not get through. In these cases, you have to set the outgoing mail server to your ISP's (Internet Service Provider's) mail server, with the user name and password they gave you.